Sunday, April 01, 2007

Scan Update

Last week Rebecca had her 3 month scan and this week we saw her oncologist to get the update...

The doctors are very happy about the fact that nothing has grown in the last 3 months. I guess this is good news although I'm a little disapointed because also nothing has shrunk. Meanwhile, her tumor markers, are down even more, down to 50 (from 154 to 110 to 62 to 50) this is great news.

Meanwhile we have started to see a new doctor up in Sebastepole (about an hour and a half north). He is an MD and a Tibetan doctor, and a really nice guy despite being Israeli (I can say that because I am too). I really like this guy, he seems to be very smart I have great hopes for him being able to help Rebecca a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chag Sameach. We are keeping track of your progress as you are often in our thoughts. Good luck with the new doctor and we send our love to you all.
Helen and Jeff in the UK!

Cathleen Bowen said...

Hi Rebecca! It's Cathleen from Linden Street. I ran into your lovely husband today, took a while for me to place him. I just finished reading your whole blog. Wow. Lifechanging events for you. I want you to know that I have always thought you were a very special person, a bright light in the world. Congratulations on making some very brave decisions on your treatment. What a journey. I will keep you in my heart.
I'm about to graduate from nusing school in May. I live in San Francisco at the moment but can't wait to move back to my own home in Oakland. School has also been an amazing journey. I'm very glad to have done it. Can't wait to start doing art again, my list of other things to do is very long.
My email is cathbow@comcast.net. You don't have to reply - I know this is a delicate time for you. But you are in my thoughts. You go, grrrrl!
Cathleen