Saturday, October 30, 2010

this week was Not a blast

This week, I have spent a day in the emergency because the night before, I passed out walking from the bathroom at night. I do not have a pulmonary embolism, or anything else bad that they checked by doing a CT, Chest X-ray, EKG, and blood work. I have Orthostatic Hypotension. We have nicknamed it standy uppy, fally downy-itis. When I stand up, my blood pressure drops signifigantly. So far, I have passed out 2 times and gotten a wicked headache. I am on all sorts of herbs for it, and they are helping slowly.
For my lungs, I am on a steroid inhaler, and that is helping too. So I am slowly recovering. But boy is it boring. Andy wants me to say that he has not noticed me getting better. I think yesterday I was doing better till I waaay over did it. I made Ze'ev's Halloween costume and went to a shindig at his school. I was out and about all day till 4 and then crashed big time. Unfortunately, we had tickets to a show that I missed.
Eating has been hard and I have lost some weight, so I am working on getting soups and stews in me.
I am now done with my 3 week acupuncture experiment and plan on getting my bloods checked at the beginning of next week.
love to you all.

No comments: